My Scrapbook Designs

Designer Resources

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Farewell to EC and Design Team

Are you wondering "what the heck?" It's no big deal really. I just want more time to focus on personal and family things. My daughter is entering the teen years and I have some projects that I want to work on to make our home the go-to place for her and all her friends. I need to make sure that exercise is a daily priority. I want to have time to make Christmas cards and handmade gifts for the people I love. I just don't have time for all of that and for the Council and Design Team.

I've been thinking about this for a while and it really started to gel when we did the exercise with Bob Hipple at the leadership portion of convention (so blame yourself, Jim). What do I want most in life? Well, success and notoriety with TLC wasn't at the top of the list. Once I got back home and faced more deadlines, challenges, and sacrifices, I knew it was time to make a decision.

So, I'm still leading my team and sharing creative ideas. But it will return to its proper place as my spare time job. I'm back to being a full-time mom and wife. I just might make Michael and the kids present a Top Laundry award and a Top Toilets Cleaned award at the end of the year. :) But I'm really holding out for the special achievement award that God will hand out when all is said and done. I'm positive it will outshine any other recognition I can possibly earn in this lifetime. Eye on the prize, Krystal...eye on the prize.

7 comments:

"Kreative Karma" said...

Krystal,

I just wanted to write and let you know that I really, really respect and understand your decision! I found myself in the same place last year and felt that I needed the time off to focus on my family and myself. We just need to step back sometimes and realize that God and family needs to be number one in our lives, sometimes it's hard to remember! Let me know if you need any help with anything including "My Creative Block," I would be happy to contribute in anyway I can!

Hugs,
Karma

P.S. Love you newest digital kits! ;o)

Wendy said...

Let me just say first what an amazing person you are for doing what you feel is right in your heart.
Second for having the courage to go with what God is telling you. When we want answers he is the man to turn to.

Of course we will miss your input, but the greater plan he has for us is not always known right away.

When your choices are right you feel it in your heart.

{{{HUGS TO YOU MY FRIEND}}}}

Jan said...

I completely understand your decision. We'll miss you, but we also know you've made a decision for your family. That's the most important thing.

RealRach said...

I will not say what I want to here but I support this 110%. You know I adore you and will surely continue to be your biggest fan! Here or there or anywhere. Greener pastures my friend. Go forward and make your mark!

Jo said...

Krystal,
I don't know you well but I can say I admire your decision. I made a similar choice about 5 years ago. It was tough. I felt like I was losing a piece of myself when I left my 'busyness' behind. But I had heard a talk by Elder Wirthlin that had inspired me to simplify and refocus my life and I stuck to it. I am a better person now for that decision.

This is one quote I just love.
"We can spend a lifetime whirling about at a feverish pace, checking off list after list of things that in the end really don’t matter. That we do a lot may not be so important. That we focus the energy of our minds, our hearts, and our souls on those things of eternal significance—that is essential."

Good luck in your pursuits!
Johanna

Unknown said...

Krystal, we totally understand your decision and family always comes first. Looking forward to My Creative Block challenges. Will sure miss your TLC designs!!!

Anonymous said...

I can completely understand your decision. We have to focus on our priorities, and I'm glad that you were able to realize what yours are. So many times we try to do everything, and we just can't.

Good luck! We'll miss your awesome designs. You're so talented!