My Scrapbook Designs

Designer Resources

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Forgot to share...

I'm sitting here looking at how well I'm doing in Round 3 (many thanks to you all), and it amazes me to think I almost didn't even get my entry in on time to participate. It was insane! Because of so many disqualifications, I spent a little extra time going over my pieces, making sure everything was perfect. Then, when it was time to upload....nada! My ISP was totally giving me grief AGAIN. I couldn't upload anything to the web...not even a tiny, low resolution image. I tried so many things, and Michael tried so many things. I was just about to give up, thinking it just wasn't meant to be. I said a little prayer and asked God to give me the answer if this was supposed to happen.

I then made some kind of off the cuff remark about wishing I could use my sister's wireless connection...but it was after midnight. Then Michael remembered that our public library has 24-hour wireless...even though the library was closed, I could probably access it from outside. I grabbed my laptop and rushed over (it's less than 10 minutes away). I parked outside and connected! Glorious relief. I uploaded my file and added my description and link to the gallery (with a few mistakes like the title of the preview and info about shadows...which is to be expected under the circumstances). But I made it with 6 minutes to spare.

And it nearly didn't happen at all...

2 comments:

"Kreative Karma" said...

I love that story! That seems to be the story of my life, lol! I am SO glad you were able to upload your stuff! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

So glad that you got your elements uploaded in time. I've been away for several days (my daughter has been in hospital) so I missed the voting. You've done so well.
Don't be disheartened about the votes/vs downloads. Unfortunately in this business that sort of thing happens all the time. I've had freebies downloaded over 6000 times (one at ScrapArtist) and only 50 thankyous. I think it just goes with the territory. One of these days I'll post the layouts I've done with your first kit.
Good luck with Round 4.