Gee I've been slack about the blog lately, eh? I didn't even play the cute hoopla game because I just couldn't sit still long enough to think of 12 Christmas things about me. But, it's now after 10 and we're still waiting on Dad to wake up in order to open the gifts. So, I'll go ahead and see if I can think of 12.
Here's the way it works (obviously, I already messed up #4):
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
1. I don't like home-cooked meals much...especially the traditional holiday ones
2. I love the banana bread that my sisters makes
3. I didn't decorate my house this year
4. I love my stockings that I got several years ago from Pottery Barn Kids. Even though there are only 4 of us, I got 5 (need an odd number to look good on the mantle). This year, we stuffed one for the kitty.
5. I love Christmas carols...listening and singing along
6. I had the Santa talk with my 12-yr-old daughter this year (she had her suspicions, but we made it look so darn convincing)
7. So cliche, but It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite Christmas movie
8. My son really does want his two front teeth this Christmas
9. I'm really looking forward to a relaxing day (holiday with family is already over)
10. I didn't have to buy any wrapping paper or bags this year...plenty from previous years
11. I won't finish and release my Frosty Happiness kit because I was never completely happy with it and there are a bazillion Christmas kits now
12. I love the Butterfinger Bells that come out for Christmas. Yum!
Whew...12 things. And because it's so late, I won't tag other people. But if you're dying to play anyway, then link us up so we can read the answers!
Most of all, I want to wish you all merry, merry Christmas. I don't want to get all sappy and crybaby on the blog, but I have so much to be thankful for and feel so truly blessed. I'm forever grateful for the sweet story over 2000 years ago...for a faithful Mary and Joseph and for the Christchild who would one day deliver us all. Without that hope, where would we be? It defines my perspective and my hopes for the future. If you haven't taken the time to feel the love of Christ this season, then I pray that you make an opportunity for yourself. Remember the REASON for the SEASON!